What’s arriving at The Station?
28 September 2018 | Posted in: News
Visitors to The Station will be able to shop, learn, enjoy fantastic coffee, and regular food trucks. Activities at The Station respond to specific feedback from the community and the continued desire for more inner-city activity and appeal.
Our core partners will create a retail store and markets showcasing and selling high quality designed and handmade products. Technology based educational workshops, demos and research will bring worldwide expertise to Newcastle. A café will support local roasters and producers and give visitors a reason to stay and play a while in this iconic location.
It’s a framework to create something for everyone. An ‘everyday’ destination, a space for community activity and a platform to kick off some great events. Choose your destination and jump on board.
- Café – Stunning scenery, plenty of room for the kids to run, fantastic Floozy coffee, a fresh, simple and kid friendly menu. Café open every day.
- The Victoria – Immerse yourself in the beauty of The Victoria, a concept store by Hunt & Gather. With hand-picked homewares, jewellery, art, fashion and more from local and further afield designers and artists. The Victoria also hosts a workshop room, available to book for workshops, yoga, seminars, mentoring, launches, and so much more.
- Food Truck gatherings – Enjoy unique local and gourmet food served by mobile food vendors. The food trucks will shunt in and out each week but the open air village dining will be the same whatever the menu.
- Hand made markets -A boutique market focusing on handmade product to compliment The Victoria and provide meet the maker opportunities.
- Community Hall – a multipurpose space specifically for community events, exhibitions, conferences, music and performances, exercise classes and more. First event is a comedy festival, Not Just for Laughs, commencing 30 September. If you wish to hold an event here please get in touch.
- Smart Lab – University of Newcastle School of Creative Industries. Delivering collaborative workshops and research using cutting edge technology including VR and AR to address global issues at a community level – health, aging, disability, education and wellbeing. A unique opportunity for Newcastle to link to Europe’s network of Smart Labs.
- Creative & Tech Space – a place to showcase and trial new technology and products, share or exhibit creative projects with the community. Our initial project, Sharkview, is developing technology to reduce shark attacks for the surfing community. If you have a project for this space, please get in touch.
SUBSCRIBE FOR UPDATES
For the latest news, events, exhibitions & opportunities to participate sent direct to your inbox each month.