Festive Follies Walking Tour – Thursday 13 December
5 December 2012 | Posted in: News
On Thursday 13 December, Renew Newcastle shops and galleries around the Mall stay open until 6.30pm to launch their latest exhibitions and showcase new wares – just in time for Christmas! It’s your chance to connect up with local creatives and bring your spark into the city at night.
Fill Christmas stockings with unique gifts that have been made right here in Newcastle. There is a cornucopia of local handmade goodness on offer – and if you want to experience it all, we are hosting a guided tour.
This is your invitation to walk the city streets together: hear about the latest Renew Newcastle projects, and discover a little more about the creative culture which is enlivening the city. It’s free, everyone’s invited and tasty festive treats are on offer along the way!
The tour includes:
The Emporium, see what’s in-store at the former David Jones building, including:
- Tickle & Hide, tutti-frutti reversible children’s clothing by Jodi Godfrey.
- Cashmere & Silk, fine quality lingerie & sleepwear by Janet Steele.
- Jzhonnie Bechet, glam-eco-art-fashion by Jzhonnie Holloway
- Miss Lulu, 1950’s inspired fashion for modern day pin-ups by Brianna Brent.
- It’s About Time, otherworldly clock sculptures by Karl Claydon.
- Smack Bang, pop paintings & paraphenalia by Sophia Flegg.
- The Business Who’s Who of Australia, drawings by Susan Te Kahurangi King.
- The Galleria, a rotating showcase of Renew Newcastle artists and designers including David Hampton, Cut.Stick, Sam Hughes, Grant Hunter & Sarah Mould,
Strip of a Lifetime, celebrating the life and times of Analogue TV.
Curve Gallery, Meet the artists of current exhibition, A Cautionary Tale.
What: Festive Follies, a guided tour of Renew Newcastle shops & galleries
When: Thursday, 13 December 2013
Starts: Refreshments from 5pm, at The Emporium (ex-David Jones), 185 Hunter St, Newcastle. Tour begins at 5.30pm, finishing approximately 6.30pm
SUBSCRIBE FOR UPDATES
For the latest news, events, exhibitions & opportunities to participate sent direct to your inbox each month.